First off Happy Thanksgiving to all.I hope your meals were satisfying and all your travels were safe.
I was finally able to upgrade to premium services and will be starting installing scripts and boards a.s.a.p.I also have shell access so I will be finetuning the plans for the paintchat.
Just to remind you my upcoming updates will be:
- Filling in all pages of the new website excluding the events and support which have their own phase because of how votal they are to the final site.
- Creating the Beta Projects page on the blog
- Posting a page describing the boards on the blog
- Establishing the DeviantArt group and opening the oekaki for it
- Installing boards
- Retyping the newly revised FAQ and TOS
- Make final tweeks to the layout and menu setup for the final site
- Continuing to tweet frequently with creative quotes,facts,projects and up to the minute updates on the project
And also the following adjustments are being made on the project plans:
- I am still looking for new services for the shoutbox and link directory
- Once all the boards are installed they will all be on what is called “waiting list status” which means you can register and it will be approved when the boards officially open.Whether paintchats will be open for a test drive is not decided yet.
- The FAQ and TOS have gotten big makeovers to accomodate the future expansions in the site.The TOS has a mission statement as well as new sections on the site’s policies on fanart/fanfiction,censorship, and legal/copyright issues.The FAQ features questions on all current and future/planned features including the literature forum,coloring,book etc.They may be edited out later if they get removed from the second phase of the project.Older questions have either been removed or revised.
- A raffle and/or drawing contest will be held in conjunction with the new site.Entries will be allowed sooner than that date and details will be announced in December
You can also hop on over to the update log to see the most current adjustments.
The next scripts on the list for purchase are the member registration script and the new chatroom system.I was going to actually nix it since the paintchat would be there but I decided to keep it for anyone who just wanted to discuss and not draw. I will be taking a vacation from updating Dec. 23 to Jan. 3.I may still tweet during that time.Until then I will try to update at least one hour a day,hopefully more if I can.I can’t strain my wrists too much because of how painful my carpal tunnel has been getting and I also have some problems with Seasonal Affective Disorder and am still recovering from my recent bout with Anemia.
Currently the tentative reopen date is March 30…2013 of course.If I need to extend I will but I hope it doesn’t come to that.
As always you can contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or with the contact forms here.Please also follow the project on Twitter or subscribe to the blog.The board is open and ready to be christened with art so please join up!